Three by Three
Warnings: Three by Three may contain spoilers.
Three things I liked about Juno
- The tone, which hovered quite nicely on the border between stylized (the music, the self-consciously quippy and referential dialogue) and naturalistic (the performances by the adults, the emotions)
- The plot twist, which I did not see coming, and how it wasn't played salaciously but just sadly.
- The ending, in which we saw that Juno, assured as she was, was affected, and greatly, by having to give up the baby.
Three things I did not like about Juno
- The way they kind of elided over the physical effects of pregnancy
- The reaction of the parents, which was maybe just a tad too easy going
- I kind of wanted one more Jennifer Garner scene.