Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Random Top Ten

Random Top Ten!!

Top Ten Ice Cream Flavors

10. Pistachio - When I was a kid I used to order pistachio ice cream at Carvel all the time. My parents thought I was weird.

9. Blueberry - Hard to find, but, really, a perfect ice cream flavor when you think about it. Blueberries and cream?

8. Chocolate - The standby.

7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - I shouldn't like this, it's so silly a concept, but I do.

6. Mint Chocolate Chip - Especially with big chips.

5. Vanilla - Make it Haagen-Dazs vanilla and it jumps several places up. Still, a good vanilla ice cream is it's own special treat, wonderful in its purity.

4. Coffee - One of those flavors where quality is key. A bad coffee ice cream is just bad. But a good coffee ice cream is delicious.

3. Cherry Garcia - The only trademarked flavor here, but it deserves it. Chocolate and cherries; an inspired duo.

2. Pumpkin - One of my favorite things about the fall. Good pumpkin ice cream is a true pleasure.

1. Coconut - Another flavor that can be hard to find, so that whenever do I snatch it up quick. A chain of homemade ice cream shops in the While Mountains region of New Hampshire always has this "on tap" and I almost always get it when we're vacationing up there. A little bit of heaven on earth.

Until Whenever

P.S. - Yes, I am excited about the onset of nice weather and warm summer days. Why do you ask?

No comments: