Lyrics Quiz - Answered
Tosy and Cosh readers did very well. Below, in green, are the ones you didn't get:
Post your answers in the comments!!!
1. "There's a saying old, says that love is blind/Still we're often told, seek and you shall find"
"Someone to Watch Over Me" - George and Ira Gershwin
2. "Someday, maybe, all my dreams will be repaid./Heck, I'd even play the maid/To be in a show."
"Broadway Baby" - Sondheim
3. "Well I'm gonna raise a fuss, and I'm gonna raise a holler/About workin' all summer, just tryin' to earn a dollar"
"Summertime Blues" - Eddie Cochrane
4. "I loved you since I knew ya/I wouldn't talk down to ya/I have to tell you just how I feel/I won't share you with another boy"
"Roxane" - The Police
5. "Strong wind destroy our home/Many dead, tonight it could be you"
"Homeless" - Paul Simon
6. "They all said we'd never get together, darling, let's take a bow/For ho, ho, ho! Who's got the last laugh?/Hee, hee, hee! Let's at the past laugh,/Ha, ha, ha! Who's got the last laugh now? "
"They All Laughed" - George and Ira Gershwin
7. "The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense/Take what you have gathered from coincidence."
"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" - Bob Dylan
8. "All the late night bargains have been struck/Between the satin beaus and their belles/And prehistoric garbage trucks/Have the city to themselves"
"Your Latest Trick" - Dire Straits
9. "Who dries your eyes when you cry real tears?/Who knows or cares what imitation is?/Only you do"
"Tear Off Your Own Head" - Elvis Costello
10. "If you are confused check with the sun/Carry a compass to help you along/Your feet are going to be on the ground/Your head is there to move you around"
"Stand" - REM
11. "Now, try your best to stay calm/Brush up your Sunday salaam/Then come and meet his spectacular coterie"
"Prince Ali" - Howard Ashman and Tim Rice
12. "Oh my love, it's a long way we've come/From the freckled hills to the steel and glass canyons"
"The Hands That Built America" - U2
13. "The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast/The slow one now, will later be fast"
"The Times They Are A-Changing" - Bob Dylan
14. "You sit around getting old, there's a joke here somewhere and its on me/Ill shake this world off my shoulders, come baby this laughs on me"
"Dancing in the Dark" - Bruce Springsteen
15. "The sex you're trading up for, what you hope is love/Is just another thing that, he'll be careless of"
"You Do" - Aimee Mann
16. "I've kicked the habit/Shed my skin/This is the new stuff/I go dancing in, we go dancing in"
"Sledgehammer" - Peter Gabriel
17. "I got up to wash my face/When I come back to bed/Someone's taken my place"
"Cecelia" - Simon & Garfunkel
18. "I know how it feels to have wings on your heels/And to fly down the street in a trance/You fly down a street on the chance that you meet/And you meet -- not really by chance."
"Hello Young Lovers" - Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein
19. "Put down the knitting/The book and the broom/Time for a holiday"
"Cabaret" - John Kander and Fred Ebb
20. "That song is sung out/This bell is rung out/She was the light that I'd bless/She took my last chance at happiness"
"God Give Me Strength" - Burt Bacharach and Elvis Costello