Random Top Ten
Random Top Ten!!
Top Ten Who Songs
See the album Who's Next?
No, not really. But damn, a case could be made, huh?
10. "Christmas" - Tommy seems to have been devalued heavily, by virtue of general critical consensus, in the last ten to twenty years. I don't get it.
9. "Underture" - A great rock instrumental, with that brilliant little Entwhistle melody.
8. "My Generation" - Has anyone ever drummed like Keith Moon?
7. "I'm Free" - Killer riff.
6. "Behind Blue Eyes" - "And if I swallow anything evil/Put your finger down my throat." Come on. That's gold.
5. "Pinball Wizard" - Such a simple device, that opening two-chord acoustic figure, but they get so much mileage out of it.
4. "Baba O' Riley" - The second-greatest use of a synth in a rock song ever. And has any rock song ever ended with a ho-down? And not felt wrong?
3. "I Can See for Miles" - I love the dissonant harmonies on this song.
2. "Love Reign O'er Me" - Such a great opening - the full piano chords, the rolling tympani, the high arpeggios.
1. "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who pull of a remarkable feat here. This one song contains not one, not two, but three "greatest"s in, not just The Who's catalog, but in all of rock history. Doubt it?
1) Greatest fake ending in a rock song ever.
2) Greatest scream in a rock song, ever.
3) Greatest use of a synthesizer in a rock song ever.