Answers in blue were guessed by readers; answers in red were not:
Because I have no shame whatsoever in openly stealing. Name that tune! Put guesses in the comments, and I'll put the answers in the post as people get them.
1. "D, you're a darling, and E, you're exciting, and F, you're a feather in my arms."
"A, You're Adorable" - Buddy kaye, Fred Wise, and Sidney Lippman (The version I know is sung by Mandy Patinkin)
2. "No good time, no bad times, there's no times at all, just the New York Times."
"Overs" - Simon & Garfunkel
3. "Drinking all night, got into a fight, well, I feel so broke up, I want to go home."
"Sloop John B" - The Beach Boys
4. "Dynamite's in the belfry playin' with the bats, Little Gun's downtown in front of Woolworth's tryin' out his attitude on all the cats."
"Rosalita" - Bruce Springsteen
5. "Down by the harborside, a boat is fastened by a length of rope, it was a perfect match, dreaming of escape, feeling almost attached."
"Rope" - Fleshquartet and Anne Sofie Van Oter
6. "So you never knew, how low you stooped to make that call, you never knew, what was on the ground until you made them crawl, you never knew, that the heaven you keep, you stole."
"Please" - U2
7. "Early one morning, the sun was shining, she was lying in bed, wondering if she'd changed at all, if her hair was still red."
"Tangled Up in Blue" - Bob Dylan
8. "He said, 'son when you grow up, will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?'"
"Weclome to the Black Parade" - My Chemical Romance
9. "The tide's creepin up on the beach like a thief, afraid to be caught stealing the land."
"If You Loved Me" - Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein III (from Carousel)
10. "Lawyer's rather nice, if it's for a price, order something else though to follow, since no one should swallow it twice."
"A Little Priest" - Stephen Sondheim (from Sweeney Todd)
11. "Saw a monster in the mirror when I woke today, a monster in my mirror but I did not run away, I did not shed a tear or hide beneath my bed, though the monster looked at me, and this is what he said."
"Monster in the Mirror" - Grover
12. "You get a shiver in the dark, it's raining in the park, but meantime, south of the river you stop and you hold everything, a band is blowing Dixie double-four time, you feel all right, when you hear that music ring."
"Sultans of Swing" - Dire Straits
13. "You've been a fool, and so have I, but come and be my wife, and let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life"
"Make Our Garden Grow" (from Candide) - Leonard Bernstein and Richard Wilbur
14. "Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart, my land's only borders lie around my heart" "Anthem" - Benny Anderson and Tim Rice (from Chess)
15. "She may be the face I can't forget, the trace of pleasure or regret, may be my treasure or the price I have to pay."
"She" - Elvis Costello
16. "See, my old man's gotta problem, lives with the bottle, that's the way it is, says his body's too old for working, I say his body's too young to look like his."
"Fast Car" - Tracy Chapman
17. "And the simple secret of the plot, is just to tell them that I love you a lot, then the world discovers as my book ends, how to make two lovers of friends."
"I Could Write a Book" - Rodgers and Hart
18. "For there's no man in town half as manly, perfect, a pure paragon!, you can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley, and they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on"
"Gaston" - Alan Menken and Howard Ashman (from Beauty and the Beast)
19. "If you got a hunger for what you see, you'll take it eventually, you can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me"
"Welcome to the Jungle" - Guns 'N Roses
20. "But there's a full moon risin', let's go dancin' in the light, we know where the music's playin', lets go out and feel the night."
"Harvest Moon" - Neil Young