Doin' the Friday Shuffle
1. "Lemon" - U2 - Zooropa
U2's club song. Quite soulful, actually.
2. "Molto meno mosso - Andante" - Penderecki - Metamorphosen Violin Concerto
A classical piece I picked up a long time ago and never really listened to.
3. "Two Hearts Beat As one" - U2 - War
Like "Lemon," a stab by U2 at a more poppy, danceable song. Not a huge fan of this one.
4. "Why Trust a Shark?" - Thomas Newman - Finding Nemo
Threatening, ominous piece with lots of low strings and tympani.
5. "On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)" - Lerner & Lane - On A Clear Day (You Can See Forever)
A song that has gone on to have a much bigger life than the musical it came from.
6. "The Knights of the Mirrors" - Wasserman and Leigh - Man of La Mancha (2002 Broadway Revival Cast)
Quixote's illusions are stripped from him. A scene, not a song.
7. "Je Suis De Sole" - Mark Knopfler - Golden Heart
A Creole-flavored zydeco pastiche song from Knopfler's debut solo album.
8. "I see their knavery" - Benjamin Britten - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Urgent aria from the opera.
9. "All I Really Want to Do" - Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series, Volume 6: Bob Dylan Live 1964 - Concert at Philharmonic Hall
Not one of my favorite Dylan songs. A bit too repetitive and direct.
10. "You Do Something to Me" - Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook
Effortless as always.