Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What My Fat Ass Will Be Plopped in Front of Next Year: Part II

A quick look at CBS's fall schedule. Again, new series are in red.

CBS

Monday
8 p.m. The King of Queens
8:30 p.m. How I Met Your Mother
9 p.m. Two and a Half Men
9:30 p.m. Out of Practice
10 p.m. CSI: Miami

Shrewd move, says I, pulling King of Queens in to help anchor the previous Raymond night. Out of Practice is a sitcom about a family of doctors with a promising cast (Paula Marshall, Henry Winkler, Stockard Channing). How I Met Your Mother seems to be a romantic comedy type of thing with Willow (of Buffy) and Doogie (of . . . Doogie) in the leads. Intriguing.

Tuesday
8 p.m. NCIS
9 p.m. The Amazing Race
10 p.m. Close To Home

Nothing of interest to me. Close to Home is some kind of "suburban crime" show.

Wednesday
8 p.m. Still Standing
8:30 p.m. Yes, Dear
9 p.m. Criminal Minds
10 p.m. CSI: New York

I'd watch Still Standing occasionally when it was on Mondays, but I don't think it's strong enough to move. Criminal Minds is an FBI profiler drama starring Mandy Patinkin, one of my all-time favorite actors, so I'll check this out. Oh, wait - Wed. at 9PM is also "Lost." Damn.

Thursday
8 p.m. Survivor
9 p.m. CSI
10 p.m. Without A Trace

Status quo, no surprise there.

Friday
8 p.m. Ghost Whisperer
9 p.m. Threshold
10 p.m. Numb3rs

Ghost Whisperer has Jenifer Love Hewitt seeing dead people. Yawn. Threshold could be interesting--something about the government responding to aliens on earth. We'll see.

Nothing new on Saturdays or Sundays to report.

Until Whenever

No comments: