That's a Lot of Questions
Cribbed from Quirky Chick:
1. My uncle once: was wounded in Vietnam.
2. Never in my life: have I been drunk. (Recycling is fun!)
3. When I was five: I dressed as a member of KISS for Halloween, disturbing my father somewhat.
4. High School was: neither the best time of my life nor the intolerably hellish experience it's often made out to be.
5. I will never forget: what it felt like when the ultrasound tech told us we would be having twins.
6. I once met: Tommy Lasorda, although at the time (I was maybe nine) I had no idea who he was.
7. There's this girl I know: who defends tobacco companies.
8. Once, at a bar: ,when I was just a kid, I saw my father (the bar owner) throw out a belligerent drunk. It was scary.
9. By noon I'm usually: thinking about lunch.
10. Last night: I watched the penultimate Lost.
11. If I only had: financial freedom, I'd try and write full-time.
12. Next time I go to church: I will most likely have to retreat to the "back room," squirmy toddler in hand.
13. Terry Schiavo: probably wishes she had made her wishes clearer.
14. What worries me most: is that something bad will happen to my kids.
15. When I turn my head left, I see: a photo of my wife and I from our honeymoon in Disney. She has her lucky hat on.
16. When I turn my head right, I see: many baby photos of the twins.
17. You know I'm lying when: I sound overly confident.
18. What I miss most about the eighties: Saturday-morning cartoons.
19. If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: either Rosencrantz or Guidenstern--not the main character.
20. By this time next year: my kids will be two. Yikes.
21. A better name for me would be: I like my name just fine, thank you.
22. I have a hard time understanding: the mind-set of the ultra-right. I find the ultra-left just as ridiculous, but have a better handle on where their madness comes from.
23. If I ever go back to school I'll: take classes just for kicks. I've got the Masters and can't see ever going for a doctorate.
24. You know I like you if: I talk to you. I'm quite shy, generally speaking.
25. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my wife. If for nothing else than to avoid an ass-kicking.
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: are all people?
27. Take my advice: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on waffles (instead of bread) is divine.
28. My ideal breakfast is: soft-boiled eggs with English muffins and copious bacon.
29. A song I love, but do not have is: "Born to Run."
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: getting a sandwich from La Strada. They have great bread.
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: whosaidthewhatnow?
32. Why won't people: focus less on what others are doing and more on what they're doing.
33. If you spend the night at my house: you will be woken up early by a babbling toddler.
34. I'd stop my wedding for: fire. But I'd start it up again right away.
35. The world could do without: extremists, of all bents.
36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat a raw tomato. The latter would gross me out more.
37. My favorite blonde is: Charlize Theron. Sigh.
38. Paper clips are: fun to magnetize.
39. If I do anything well, it's: write. (gulp).
40. And by the way: why haven't you called?