Friday, May 27, 2005

BookMeme

Stolen from Bad Example:

1) Total Number of Books I've Owned.

Probably deep into the hundreds, but not sure if it would be into four figures.


2) Last Book I Bought.

The last book I bought was Neal Stephenson's Quicksliver, and I still haven't finished it.


3) Last Book I Read

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. II, Alan Moore. Good fun, although I found the sex scenes a bit odd.


4) Five Books that Mean a Lot to Me

It, by Stephen King - My favorite book, ever. I think I've read it (all 1,000 or so pages) six times.

The Known World, by Edward P. Jones--Easily the novel that's affected me the most recently. Just brilliant.

The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein--A brutal book, really, but undeniably powerful.

The Prydain Chronicles, by Lloyd Alexander--Simply wonderful children's fantasy series. Can't wait to introduce them to my kids.

The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck--Equal to the hype.

Until Whenever

No comments: