Doin' the Friday Shuffle
1. "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" - Gillian Welch - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
A sweet round-feeling folk song.
2. "Pretty Music" - Lauren Kennedy - The Songs of Jason Robert Brown
One of the lesser songs from Brown's Parade, and one I'm not sure was a great choice for the album.
3. "Porn Song (Explicit Content - Parental Advisory) - Sarah Silverman - Jesus Is Magic
Dirty comedy music from Silverman.
4. "Billy Was Sweet/Paradise Lost" - Michael John LaChiusa -Marie Christine (Original Broadway Cast)
The songs in Marie Christine really run into one another, and don't stand up as "songs" So much. It's a hell of a score though.
5. "Third Stone from the Sun" - Jimi Hendrix - The Essential Jimi Hendrix
6. "Keep the Customer Satisfied" - Simon & Garfunkel -Bridge Over Troubled Water
Featuring one of the all-time great trumpet riffs in rock history.
7. "Journey to the Buffalo Killing" - Dave Barry - Dances with Wolves
Majestic without being triumphant. Copland would be proud.
8. "A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" - James Horner - A Beautiful Mind
This is likely one of my top-20 favorite film score cues. The rolling pianos just work, damn it.
9. "Hello, Goodbye" - The Beatles - 1
Damn you, Target!
10. "Driving Sideways" - Aimee Mann - Magnolia
How is it that this music sounds like it moves sideways?