Friday, July 21, 2006

Finally!!

It's going to be a great month from late August to late September. As reported, late August will see a new Bob Dylan album, and now I learn that late September will see the long-awaited fourth solo album from Audra McDonald, singing, in addition to the modern theater songs she made her name on, some great pop songs as well. Happy day!!!

"WMG/Nonesuch Records has scheduled Audra McDonald's fourth solo album, BUILD A BRIDGE, for September 26, with these tracks:

1. God Give Me Strength (by Burt Bacharach/Elvis Costello)
2. My Stupid Mouth (John Mayer)
3. Build a Bridge (Adam Guettel)
4. Cradle and All (Jessica Molasky/Ricky Ian Gordon)
5. I Wanna Get Married (Nellie McKay)
6. Dividing Day (Adam Guettel, THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA)
7. My Heart (Neil Young)
8. Damned Ladies (Rufus Wainwright)
9. Wonderful You (Jane Kelly Williams)
10. To a Child (Laura Nyro)
11. Bein' Green (Joe Raposo)
12. Tom Cat Goodbye (Laura Nyro)
13. I Think It's Going to Rain Today (Randy Newman)

Until Whenever

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Fresno native Audra MacDonald doing Neil Young's My Heart? NICE. I my have to downloadthat on iTunes.

Tosy And Cosh said...

It's her takes on God Give Me Strength and Dividing Day that I'm most eagerly anticipating. I saw Light in the Piazza right before it closed, and it was the best musical I've seen in years, if not decades. Just gorgeous.