Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Things I Desperately Wish I was Well-Heeled Enough to Purchase

Via Amazon, I see that September 1st will see the publication of a hardcover collection of each of August Wilson's landmark "Pittsburgh cycle" plays - one play for each decade of the century that together chronicle the black experience in America in the 20th century. I've seen only two of these in production (The Piano Lesson and Joe Turner's Come and Gone, both in wonderful university productions at the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University) and have read a few others, but would absolutely love to have the complete collection, especially in such a handsome format. Alas, financial prudence will most likely compel me to wait for the inevitable paperback version.

Until Whenever

No comments: