Tuesday, January 23, 2007

And More and More Errata

I don't think I've ever seen fewer Oscar-nominated movies than I did this year. I saw Dreamgirls (my thoughts on that on are here). I saw the FX-nominated Superman Returns. And I think that's it. Pathetic.

So, since I can't really comment on the nominations, I'll respond to this meme, courtesy of Lefty Brown.

1) Do you have a crush on somebody?: I'm married; crushes are strictly verboten.
2) Do you hate more than 3 people?: Personally? I don't think so.
3) How many houses have you lived in?: Just houses, no apartments, puts it at six.
4) Favorite candy bar?: Baby Ruth, preferably with a large Coke with ice, so that the ice, Coke, and Baby Ruth can all be chewed together at the same time. No idea why I like that so much.
6) Have you ever tripped someone?: To my eternal shame, I'm sure I deliberately tripped my younger sisters a a kid.
7) Least favorite school subject?: History. I was good at Science and Math and English but never got into History. I could blame it on its being taught in a very dry way, but that feels like passing the buck.
8) How many pairs of shoes do you own?: 10, including boots. Which might be deemed excessive for a guy, but: old yardwork sneakers, regular sneakers, sneakers that stay in the gym locker at work, brown dress shoes, black dress shoes, brown casual shoes, loafers, beach shoes, workboots, and sandals for the summer.
9)Do you own a Britney Spears CD? I do not.
10) Have you ever thrown up in public?: I have not.
11) Name one thing that is always on your mind: The kids.
12) Favorite genre of music?: Good rock (defined liberally as rock I like).
13) What's your sign?: Virgo.
14) What time were you born?: No idea. I can never remember that.
15) Do you like beer?: I do not. I find even the smell nauseating.
16) Have you ever made a prank phone call?: I have not.
18) Are you sarcastic?: Very. It's a default defense mechanism, as the wife knows all too well.
19) What are your favorite colors?: Red and blue. Deep and bold.
20) How many watches do you own?: One that's needed a battery for over a year.
21) Summer or winter? Summer. I get cabin fever easily.
22) Is anyone in love with you?: Yes.
23) Favorite color to wear?: Non-colors. Gray, beige.
24) Pepsi or Sprite?: Pepsi, preferable Diet Cherry Pepsi.
25) What color is your cell phone?: Black and silver.
26) Where is your second home?: In my imagination, it's on a lake in New Hampshire. In reality, it does not exist.
27) Have you ever slapped someone?: I don't think I have. Punched, yes, but not slapped.
28) Have you ever had a cavity? Sure.
29) How many lamps are in your bedroom?: Three - a big floor lamp and two small ones on the nightstand. .
30) How many video games do you own?: Seven or so. Playstation I, baby!
31) What was your first pet?: A dog that "ran away." (Into traffic.)
32) Ever had braces?: No.
33) Do looks matter?: Of course.
34) Do you use chapstick?: No, but twice a year, when the weather changes, I require the application of Blistex.
35) Name 3 teachers from high school: Mr. Varjian (Best. Math. Teacher. Ever.). Mr. Cogger (Cancer is evil). Mr. Maxwell (Convinced me that singing was worth a shot).
36) American Eagle or Abercrombie?: And the care-o-meter plummets.
37) Are you too forgiving?: I'd say I'm forgiving enough.
38) How many children do you want?: Ideally, three, but I would be eternally happy if the two we have were all we were blessed with.
39) Do you own something from Hot Topic?: I do not.
40) Favorite breakfast meal: Corned beef hash and eggs sunny side up and potatoes all mixed together. Good eats.
41) Do you own a gun?: No.
42) Ever thought you were in love?: Just once. Still am.
43) When was the last time you cried?: Came perilously close watching Finding Nemo last night.
44) What did you do 3 nights ago?: Now THIS is freaky. Had takeout Olive Garden and watched Friends with Money.
45) Olive Garden?: SEE!?!?!
46) Have you ever called your teacher mommy?: Not sure, but I think I might have as a wee lad.
47) Have you ever been in a castle?: As a teen, three friends and I broke into an old abandoned castle. Good times.
48) Nicknames?: The guy who ran the rec center in my home town called me Supe, as in Superman (my hair does that curl-in-the-front-thing)
49) Do you know anyone named Bertha?: No Berthas.
50) Ever been to Kentucky?: Never.
51) Do you own something from Banana Republic?: No.
52) Are you thinking about somebody right now? Yes.
53) Ever called somebody Boo?: No.
54) Do you smoke?: No. Never tempted, either.
55) Do you own a diamond ring?: No.
56) Are you happy with your life right now?: Most of it. Live comfortably, have a loving wife, two adorable, good-natured, genius girls, a nice house, heat, food, never go wanting, don't worry about ends meeting. I have a severe dislike of my job, but that seems a small price to pay.
57) Do you dye your hair?: Never ever.
58) Does anyone have a crush on you?: I would hope the Wife does!
59) Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? Starbucks for lattes, DD for regular coffee.
60) What were you doing in May of 1994?: Finishing up my second year of college.
62) McDonald's or Wendy's?: It used to be Wendy's, but my little girls' love of the place has soured me somewhat.
63) Do you like yourself?: Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
64) Are you closer to your mother or father?: Mother. Divorce can do that.
65) Favorite physical feature of the preferred sex?: It's a cliche to say breasts, but damn it if it ain't the case.
66) Are you afraid of the dark?: No - when I was a kid, sure.
67) Have you ever eaten paste?: No.
68) Do you own a webcam?: Nope. No desire to either.
69) Have you ever stripped?: No. And the world breathes a sigh of relief.
70) Ever broke a bone?: Hairline fracture to the nose.
71) Are you religious?: Not at all.
72) Do you chat on AIM often?: No. Only very minimal use at work.
73) Pringles or Lays?: Lays. With dip.
74) Have you ever broken someone's heart?: I doubt it.
75) Rugrats or Doug?: Neither.
76) Full House or The Brady Bunch?: Brady Bunch at gunpoint.
77) Do you like your high school guidance counselor?: I barely remember my high school guidance counselor.
78) Has anyone ever called you fat?: My best friend, and the best man at my wedding, calls me Fat John - constantly.
79) Do you have a birth mark? None.
80) Do you own a car?: A Camry and a Mazda MPV.
81) Can you cook?: Only a little. Nothing to brag about, certainly.
84) Money or love?: Love.
85) Do you have any scars?: Yes--tore a slice of skin away from my thumb by pretending to dunk in the house and hitting the hanging lamp.
86) What do you want more than anything right now?: Time off. Sad, given how recently I had a good chunk of it.
87) Do you enjoy scary movies?: No.
88) Relationships or one night stands?: I'm most definitely a relationship kind of guy.
90) Do you enjoy greasy food?: Do some people not? I don't get it.
91) Have you seen all the Rocky movies?: No - haven't seen all of V or the new one.
92) Do you own a box of crayons?: A box? Hah.
93) Who was the last person that said they loved you?: My wife.
94) Who was the last person that made you cry?: My wife.
95) Who was the last person that made you laugh?: My daughter.
97) Who was the last person that called you? My dad.

Until Whenever

No comments: