Monday, March 20, 2006

The Teachout Quiz

Saw this here and here:

What time did you get up this morning?
6:30, as is the case with most mornings.

Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds. Sparkly, dontcha know.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Curious George, for the twins' first theater-going experience. They did quite well, actually.

What is your favorite TV show?
Lost.

What did you have for breakfast?
Oatmeal.

What is your middle name?
Edward.

What is your favorite cuisine?
Hm. I like pretty much all cuisines I've tried, or at least good chunks of them, but overall I'd have to say Italian is hard to beat.

What food do you dislike?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cooked carrots are horrible. Raw? Fine and dandy. Odd, that.

What is your favorite potato chip?
Those greasy and thick New York Deli ones.

What is your favorite CD at the moment?
At the moment I'm developing a major crush on Aimee Mann, through her Magnolia and The Forgotten Arm CDs. Poppy goodness.

What kind of car do you drive?
The most common car in America--a beige Toyota Camry.

Favorite sandwich?
Rare roast beef on a hard crusty role with a good American cheese, liberal amounts of mayo, and salt and pepper. Sigh.

What characteristics do you despise?
Hypocricy. Self-righteousness.

What are your favorite clothes?
None, really. Well, I do have a Captain America tee shirt I'm quite fond of.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Spain in the summer. European culture with stellar food and the weather I love.

What color is your bathroom?
Would you believe I don't know? Is it blue?

Favorite brand of clothing?
None.

Where would you want to retire to?
A big old country house in New Hampshire on a swimmable lake.

Favorite time of day?
Early afternoon, just as the sun starts to ease off of mid-day heat.

Where were you born?
Jersey City, New Jersey.

Favorite sport to watch?
Basketball.

Coke or Pepsi?
Pepsi if there'a choice, but I don't much care. I've become quite fond of Coke Zero, though.

Are you a morning person or night owl?
Night owl.

Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone?
The small, Canadian, literary magazine Tickled by Thunder will be publishing my short story "TKO" some time this year. Details to follow.

What did you want to be when you were little?
A veterinarian. The realization that blood made me squeamish made me rethink that tack.

What is a favorite childhood memory?
A neighborhood blackout. Everyone hung out outside and my father, who owned a deli/liquor store, brought supplies for all.

What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
Grocery store cashier/stocker, new accounts rep for a publisher; membership rep for Actors' Equity, account rep for a airline menu publisher, copywriter for a marketing firm, and proposal writer for an accounting firm.

Nicknames?
The guy who ran the rec center in town when I was a kid called me "Supe," as in "Superman." I think because my hair kind of naturally does that "S" thing on my forehead.

Any piercings?
No.

Eye color?
Blue

Ever been to Africa?
No.

Ever been toilet papering?
Can't say that I have.

Been in a car accident?
A few. No injuries though. (Cue frantic knocking of wood.)

Favorite day of the week?
Saturday--isn't that any work-weeker's?

Favorite restaurant?
An Italian place near where I live. They have a lamb osso bucco on the specials list often--completely dreamy.

Favorite flower?
Violets.

Favorite ice cream?
Haagen-Dasz Vanilla . When I was in high school, I was in a play and the cast party was at my house. The director brought a two-gallon tub of Haagen-Dasz Vanilla that hardly got touched, and it sat in our freezer for weeks. Those were some heavenly weeks.

Favorite fast food restaurant?
The vanished in these parts Roy Rogers. A damn fine roast beef sandwich.

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
A tough choice between a big Barnes & Noble (all the magazines, books, CDs, and DVDs I want) and something like a Best Buy (I'd lose the books and magazines but gain an assortment of electronic paraphanalia).

Bedtime?
Between 11:30 and 12:00. Depends if the 11:30 Family Guy or The Simpsons reruns are new to me.

Last person(s) you went to dinner with?
The wife and I went to a small Italian place near us that features live music on Friday nights. A blind guy ("Ed Man") playing acoustic guitar and singing--he's awesome. We go for him, not the food.

What are you listening to right now?
The chatter of office keyboards clattering away in nearby cubicles.

What is your favorite color?
Red.

How many tattoos do you have?
Not a one. The temptation to get a full-color Captain America shield on my shoulder is always there, lurking though.

Until Whenever

No comments: