Monday, September 19, 2005

RockStar Week Ten

Pre-final thoughts. Suzie was very good, but the never-ending string of "Come on!"s was starting to get to me. I do think that INXS is missing the boat in going with a guy though; the marketing angle of a woman taking over for a man is priceless, and I think musically speaking it would have made for a more interesting tour and album.

Of the final three, I'm really non-plussed. None was a favorite, and I really have no stake in who ends up winning. I still stand by my very early stand that Ty and Jordis were the best singers in the group. Jordis, in particular, is the only singer I'm keen on hearing more of, and the only singer I've been moved to buy songs from over at rockstar.msn.com. My thinking is that that huge misfire at the end of "Dream On" several weeks back, when she went for the high note and completely botched it, just completely took her confidence away. Maybe it's an age thing, I don't know, but whatever it is it's a shame. Of the three finalists, my thoughts are:

Marty: A very good singer, with an excellent presence, who's all wrong for INXS. I actually am curious to hear what he would do with them, should he win, just because I think they are so mismatched.

J.D.: Presence and charisma, and a strong, if slightly narcissistic voice, but just comes across as a total ass.

MiG: A bit too theatrical, but so is some of INXS' stuff. If forced to choose I'd probably pick him as my preferred winner, even if he does spell his name like a moron.

Until Whenever

No comments: