Thursday, July 21, 2005

Memeing, Belatedly

Jacquandor tagged me a few weeks back, and I, having already responded to two memes on his blog without asking, skipped this one. Well, at long last, here it is:

1. What are three of the stupidest things you've done in your life?

Demonstrating for my mother, in the kitchen, how I had been dunking on the 8 ft basket at the local gym and ignoring her repeated commands to stop (well, until I smashed my hand into the lamp hanging over the kitchen table, slicing a good gash into my thumb in the process. Then I stopped. You know. To attend to the copious bleeding.)

Riding down a hill on a skateboard and trying to stop by holding a stick in front of me and using it as a brake. Went right into my throat, thankfully not killing me.

Wacking the side of an above-ground pool with a hammer, to see what would happen. Interestingly enough, as I learned, the hammer will go right through and hundreds of gallons of water will flood the small yard behind your father's store.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

It's a tie between the two little toddling monkeys (one-year old twin daughters).

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Alec Guinness (from what I've read he was one hell of a story-teller); an actual, real caveman (come on, that'd be cool); Rita Hayworth (hot); Bert Lahr (for the funny); and some ancient Israelite who heard Jesus preach.

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

To have my pick of jobs (would be hard to decide between acting and writing); to have free travel and lodging for ever; and to have final approval over all network cancellations.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

I live in the suburbs of New York city, so pretty much everything is nearby. I do wish my town had a book store and CD store I could walk to. Not much to avoid--it's a small suburb, for crying out loud.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Cliches become cliches for a reason. Having kids. Easy.

Until Whenever

1 comment:

Tosy And Cosh said...

Because I'd be more interested in getting a third-party account of what he was like, what he sounded like, what his sermons were like, etc. It's kind of like wanting to know what a Shakespeare play was like in Shakespeare's time. An audience member could tell me better than Shakespeare.