Tuesday, July 12, 2005

And Stretch . . .

Back from the restin' and relaxin'. Let's warm up with a quiz, shall we? Stolen from Byzantium's Shores:

10 years ago
Living at home, just finished my junior year of college, slightly panicky over switching from a Chemistry and Theater Arts double major to a Theater Arts major with a Chemistry minor, and in rehearsals for a community theater production of Hello Dolly!, and about to reunite with my former high school girlfriend (now my wife of nearly seven years).

5 years ago
Married for two years and working as a copywriter for a small marketing company.

Yesterday
Took my twin one-year old daughters swimming for the first time this summer. Abigail loved it; Ella not so much.

Today
Back to work after vacation. Blech. Very surprised at how much I miss my girls after a week and a half of being with them all day.

Tomorrow
More work. Double blech.

5 snacks I enjoy
Good, soft chocolate chip cookies; Charleston Chews; hot, soft pretzels; Munchos; Raisinets

5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs
U2, John Mellencamp, Sting. Lots of other favorites, bit none I could say I know most of their lyrics.

5 things I would do with $100,000,000
Keep a nice chunk to keep me and the fam comfortable (not rich--comfortable) and give the rest away to someone smarter than me. Finding that someone would be quite the project though.

5 locations I'd like to run away to
The White Mountain region of New Hampshire; a cozy beachtown in the Virginia/Carolinas area; a lake by a mountain in Montana; a small farmhouse in Italy; a beautiful apartment near the theater district in New York.

5 bad habits I have
Biting my nails. Eating too much food that is too bad for me. Not exercising, pretty much at all. Laziness. Not telling my wife how much I love her.

5 things I like doing
Browsing through large, well-stocked bookstores, both big chains and out-of-the-way used bookstores. Listening to music. Going to the theater. Watching movies, and then reading my favorite critics reviews to see how my reaction compared with theirs. Playing with my girls. Enjoying quiet dinners out with my wife. Playing basketball.

5 things I would never wear
Thongs, baggy pants, tight pants, hats, $150 sneakers.

5 TV shows I like
Lost, Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, The West Wing, The Simpsons.

5 movies I like
The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars, The Fisher King, Saving Private Ryan, The Last Temptation of Christ.

5 famous people I'd like to meet
Stephen King, Bono, Morgan Freeman, Stephen Sondheim, Mandy Patinkin.

5 biggest joys at the moment
The smiles on my girls faces; the smile on my wife's face as she watched the smiles on theirs; a piece of music that can grab me and make my heart move; a story I can not for the life of me put down; a walk on beautifulul summer night.

5 favorite toys
My Nomad Jukebox mp3 player; my computer (even though it crashes regularly and I can't wait until it's old enough to reasonably want to replace--it's still a computer); my laptop (when used as a portable DVD player--it's a company laptop, so it's really not "my" computer; my digital camera.

Until Whenever

No comments: