Tuesday, July 12, 2005

. . . And Reach . . .

And another:

1. Using your Current Initials, choose a different name for yourself:

What's wrong with my name? You sayin' something about my name??

2. If you were born outside of your era, when would you want to be born?

I love this era, and wouldn't really want to trade, but part of me would love to have been a young man in the middle of the Golden Age of the Broadway musical, say from around 1950 on. The premier of West Side Story? Sweet.

3. If you ran a store, what would you sell/have?

If money was no object, I'd love to open a large, beautiful old theater/shop right in the middle of suburbia with its own black box and house community theater troupe in the back and lots of sheet music, scripts, cast albums, theatrical makeup, etc. in the front with (of course) a coffee shop in the middle of it all. Just the kind of place I would have killed for as a teen.

4. What part in a movie would you love to play?

My dream role has always been Sweeney Todd, and I see no reason to think of another just because the notion of me being cast in a feature film Sweeney is absurd.

5. In your opinion, why do people suck?

Because it's hard not to. Sucking is easy; being good is difficult.

6. If you had your own state, what would you put on your new quarter?

A bare stage, "so many possibilities."

7. What's the oldest article of clothing you own?

A seriously tattered shirt from the U2 '92 Zoo TV tour.

8. What piece of furniture have you replaced the most?

CD cabinets. I keep running out of room.

9. What instrument do you wish you could be more than great at?

A tough call between piano and guitar. As a former singer and musical theater enthusiast, the piano probably makes more sense.

10. Record, Tape or CD

CD.

11. What do you think would be the best concert ever?

A concert reading of Sweeney Todd with Mandy Patinkin as Sweeney. Hearing the excitable Patinkin let rip on "Epiphany" is something I've been wanting for years.

12. What is the best part of your favorite movie?

When the audience realizes Andy has escaped in The Shawshank Redemption. How I'd love to be able to see that without knowing what's going to happen. Even the first time I saw the film, I'd read the Stephen King novella upon which it was based several times, so knew what was coming.

13. What do you think is the most overrated candy ever?

Circus peanuts. Ick.

14. If you were writing out your will, who would you give your CD collection to?

My sister. Her musical tastes most match mine.

15. If you could only debate two topics the rest of your life, what would they be?

Homosexuality as debased/unnatural/sinful (it's not) and how Martin Scorcese's The Last Temptation of Christ is not anti-Christian, but very, very Christian.

16. Out of your friends, who would you say you are most jealous of, artistically?

To be brutally honest, I don't have too many friends. My friend Mike has an imagination I wish I had, but no discipline to go with it. If we could combine our powers . . .

17. Most jealous of....Intellectually?

My wife.

18. What do you collect?

Nothing really.

19. What is broken that you have, that you wish was fixed?

My mp3 player. Stupid earphone jack has to be in the right position or most of the sound cuts out.

20. What do you do when you're home, sick?

Read Proust.

(not really. I watch crappy TV.)

21. Story behind your username?

"Tosy and Cosh" is a song from the musical On a Clear Day You Can See Forever. There's no real story though; I just always liked the sound of the name.

22. Current Favorite Article of Clothing?

Um, none?

23. Line from the last thing you wrote for someone?

Well, I write business proposals for a living, so probably something like "We greatly look forward to serving you."

24. A famous person you have met?

Former Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda (I was maybe ten years old and had no idea who he was--my father told me to get his autograph).

25. Favorite way to waste time?

Click through the channels over and over. Yes, sad and pathetic.

Until Whenever

No comments: