Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You Know You're a Geek When . . .
So I caught the new Hulk movie on DVD. Much less ambitious than Ang Lee's take, but more fun, and with a better Banner. A plot that moved, a good blend of action and talk, and convincing CGI. But something still bothered me as I watched. At first I didn't know what it was. And then it hit me.

The Hulk was too skinny. The Hulk should be thick. Monstrous. Heavy. But here he seemed just tall and muscular. I was reminded of the Michael Turner cover on the stands now:


That's not the Hulk. That's a tall and muscular green Euro-model.

The film's Hulk wasn't as bad, but he was still too skinny:

See?

This is how the Hulk should look


Thicker, and squatter, and more monstrous.

. . . your enjoyment of a big dumb super-hero movie is hampered when the superhero doesn't precisely match the vision in your head of what he should look like.

Until Whenever

No comments: