James Poniewozik notes at his Time blog that the big theme of the upfronts was the shifting audience - with DVRs and on-line viewing skewing the numbers something awful. So he asks his readers to fill in this little questionnaire about viewing habits. So:
- Watch live: CSI: Miami, Criminal Minds, The Office, Lost.
- Watch the same night, but delayed enough to skip the ads: How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, 30 Rock
- Watch within a night or two: Scrubs, House
- Pile up on my TiVo and watch eventually: Battlestar Galactica, The Simpsons, Rules of Engagement, Sarah Conner: The Terminator Chronicles
- Download and watch on the subway: None (although when I had a DVR that let me burn DVDs I watched The Sopranos and Big Love this way).
- TiNo (Tim Goodman's coinage for recording but pretty much never watching): None.