Wednesday, April 18, 2007

iPod as Magic Eight Ball

Thanks to Electronic Cerbrectomy for the meme. The iPod's shuffle feature mystically provides insights into my life:

1. How does the world see me?
"Remember Vinnie Bolanzo" (from the A View from a Bridge opera) The world cautions me not to follow the example of poor Vinnie.

2. Will I live a happy life?
"The Worst Pies in London" (from Sweeney Todd) No; the worst kind of life, apparently.

3. What do my friends really think of me?
"Two of a Kind" (from The Wild Party) They think we're pretty tight.

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
"Mother and Child Reunion" (Paul Simon) Not if the image that comes to mind is a heartwarming family reunion.

5. How can I make myself happy?
"The Show Biz" (from Ragtime) Goodbye corporate world! I'm going to make it on Broadway!

6. What should I do with my life?
"A Quiet Girl" (Leonard Bernstein) What I'm doing, so it seems, spend it in domestic contentment.

7. Will I ever have children?
"Polly" (Nirvana) Not either of my kids names, but OK.

8. What is some good advice for me?
"My Wife" (The Who) My wife is good advice, or has good advice?

9. How will I be remembered?
"Eminence Front" 9The Who) - As a man of eminence? Cool.

10. What is my signature dancing song?
"Rhode Island Is Famous for You" (Mandy Patinkin) - A sweet and silly standard that you'd dance along with the kids to? Works well.

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
"O beauty, o handsomeness" (Benjamin Britten) - Tee hee.

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Caca" (Elaine Stritch) - Sheer perfection.

13. What song will play at my funeral?
"Simple Joys" (from Pippin) - A bit upbeat, no?

14. What type of women/men do I like?
"Les Poissons" (from The Little Mermaid) - I like fish-women?

15. What is my day going to be like?
"Whisper of a Thrill" (from Meet Joe Black) - Not yet.

Until Whenever

No comments: