Thursday, April 19, 2007

More, More, More!!

From good ol' reliable Jaq, this time:

What do you think about Ouija boards?
That they're very silly. But them I'm a pretty hard core, no ghosts, no spirits, you become naught but meat when you die kind of a guy.

Your favorite TV shows?
Currently? Lost, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, The Sopranos, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Scrubs, Battlestar Galactica, 30 Rock.

What’s on your mouse pad?
Promotional information about the learning center at my company in the shape of a subway map.

Favorite board game
I don't have the mental discipline of chess, but the writer and word-lover in me loves him some Scattergories.

Favorite magazine
The Atlantic. This month's issue has a great (and creepy) piece on mass suicides in Japan.

Favorite smells
Chocolate chip cookies baking. Christmas. The beach. Really, all the cliches.

Worst feeling in the world
Seeing your child in pain.

Best feeling in the world
Seeing your child become a person.

Favorite soundtrack
All of John Williams' Star Wars scores, collectively. Close runners-ups to his A.I. score, James Horner's Braveheart score, Thomas Newman's Shawshank Redemption score, and Michael Giacchino's Lost scores.

What is the first thing you think when you wake in the morning
You can do it. You can get through another day of work.

Roller coaster - scary or exciting?
Gross. I have no tolerance for roller coasters, but it's not a "I'm scared" thing, it's a "when I go on one I feel horrible" thing. It's basically a kind of pain, an intense, nauseating discomfort in the belly and chest.

How many rings before you answer the phone?
Two.

Favorite Foods
See here.

Chocolate or vanilla?
Has push come to shove? It has? Chocolate then. Because mediocre chocolate is still good. Vanilla is bliss, but only high-quality vanilla.

Do you like to drive?
Not particularly.

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No.

Storms - cool or scary?
Cool. Until they cause real damage, Fortunately, I've never been in that position.

What type was your first car
Buick Le Sabre. Named her "Jenny," after my Grandma - both were old, large, and loud.

If you could meet one person dead or alive - who would it be?
Bono.

Favorite alcoholic drink
None. (Teetotaler)

What is your zodiac sign?
Virgo. A wimpy kind of sign.

Who is your favorite poet?
Don't have one. Never got into poetry.

Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
I do. Yummy.

If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?
Short-term? Broadway actor. But the truth is I'm too much of a family man to maintain that kind of schedule long-term. So, long-term, let's say pop culture critic at large. I really want Chuck Klosterman's career.

If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be?
Well, I could if I wanted to and I don't.

Have you ever been in love?
Have and am.

What is on your walls in your room?
Caricature of me and the wife. Cast-signed poster for a production of Man of La Mancha I directed. This:

Is the glass half empty or half full?
Depends on the day.

What is your favorite Snapple?
I just discovered Diet Carrot Orange and am in love.

Favorite movie(s):
Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Shawshank Redemption, The Fisher King, The Last Temptation of Christ, Beauty and the Beast.

Are you a lefty, righty, or ambidextrous?
Righty. What am I, a freak?

Do you type with your fingers on the proper keys?
Not remotely.

What’s under your bed?
Crap. Oddly enough, the same crap that was under it in the old house. You'd think we wouldn't have just moved it. But we did.

What is your favorite number?
42. Because I'm a good geek.

Favorite sport to watch
Basketball. Only I have the patience to watch these days.

Say one nice thing about the person who sent this to you
Jaq writes probably my favorite Star Wars commentary out on the Web. And there's a LOT of Star Wars commentary out on the Web.

Favorite quote
"Evil will always win over good. Because good is dumb."

Until Whenever

No comments: