Monday, June 25, 2007

Encouraging

I know I'm a little late to the party, but late last week, the image below was released of Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones gear. And it has me very encouraged about this fourth Indiana Jones adventure. What I like most about the image is how Ford doesn't look silly in it, while at the same time not looking young either. This film will reportedly be set in the 1950s, making our Indiana in his fifties I think, so he's supposed to be older and wearier, and more beaten in. What this signals to me is that the film isn't being envisioned as so much of a part four, but as an epilogue to the series, with Indiana Jones finding himself embroiled in one last adventure. So where in the first three films, we got the sense that the adventures in question were in a series of adventures our hero found himself regularly involved in, here we'll find a retired hero surprised to be faced with one last adventure. And in that context, the film will be largely about Indiana Jones as an older, slower, but still whip-smart (pun clearly intended) hero - and not the same Indy he was n the 30s, just, you know, wrinklier. At least that's my hope.

Fingers crossed.
Until Whenever

No comments: