Thursday, March 16, 2006

Like When the Thing Got Even Craggier

Looks like the second season of Rock Star, on CBS this summer, will be even rockier. They've announced the band (I saw the news on Popwatch)--a new "supergroup" called Supernova comprising Motley Crue's Tommy Lee, Metallica's Jason Newsted, and Guns 'N Roses Gilby Clarke, with the winner anointed as the band's vocalist. I don't know the latter two at all, but from all three's backgrounds, I have to assume Supernova (bad name) will be a hard rock band, certainly more so than INXS was. Which I'm OK with. I like hard rock just fine, and would put good hard rock above INXS' stuff. My only hope is that they don't go too far towards the harder edge of the spectrum; if the stable of contestants is too one-dimensional, i.e., a lot of head-banging screamers, it would hurt the show. I liked Marty OK, but 12 Martys would have been boring.

American Idol isn't grabbing me much so far, so I'm very much looking forward to season two of Rock Star.

Until Whenever

No comments: