Monday, November 06, 2006

U218
The track listing for U2's new Best Of album, U218, has been released (see below). I noted here what I thought the sixteen songs included would be. I did pretty well, missing only three of sixteen - I thought for sure their first hit off of their first album ("I Will Follow" would make the cut, but wasn't to be. (It'll be a bonus track on the UK album, it seems). I also thought that the boys would want both Pop and Zooropa represented, but I was wrong, and neither "Discotheque" or "Stay (Faraway So Close) made the cut. The three songs I didn't predict were the b-side "The Sweetest Thing" (which must have been much bigger in the UK than here), "the Rattle & Hum Bo Diddley pastiche "Desire," and All That You Can't Leave Behind"s "Elevation."

1. Beautiful Day

2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

3. Pride (in The Name Of Love)

4. With Or Without You

5. Vertigo

6. New Year’s Day

7. Mysterious Ways

8. Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of

9. Where The Streets Have No Name

10. Sweetest Thing

11. Sunday Bloody Sunday

12. One

13. Desire

14. Walk On

15. Elevation

16. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own

17. The Saints Are Coming

18. Window In The Skies

Until Whenever

No comments: