Thursday, December 01, 2005

I Won't Brook It

The Recording Industry Association of America's site has a nifty list of the top-selling (in the US) artists. I never would have guessed that Garth Brooks comes in at #4--with a total of over 100 million albums sold. Who knew? My boys, U2, come in pretty far down the list--with 50.5 million. I wonder what the list would look like if worldwide sales were taken into account?

The top ten, in millions sold:
in Millions)
The Beatles - 168.5
Elvis Presley - 116.5
Led Zeppelin - 107.5
Garth Brooks - 105.0
The Eagles - 89.0
Billy Joel - 78.5
Pink Floyd - 73.5
Barbra Streisand - 70.5
Elton John - 69.0
AC/DC - 66.0

Until Whenever

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I have a link to the RIAA site, because I use it at works. Got chastized for it because of some of their views on protecting artists. But when they defended SONY/BMG's software ddebacle, I kept 'em there, but said an uncomplimentary thing about them at the link.