Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Movies I Will See in Six Months

In what has become a yearly tradition, here are the summer films I'm most looking forward to, along with a numerical pegging of my excitement (on a ten-point scale) and the percentage chance that I will actually see them in a theater.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Bad buzz aside, I love Hugh Jackman, I liked all three (yes, all three) X-Men films, and am intrigued by the very notion of Liev Schriber in a superhero film.
Excited Score: 8
Chance of seeing in the theater: 50%

Star Trek
I have only seen two Star Trek films, and no episodes of any series. That said, I like JJ Abrams quite a bit.
Excited Score: 6
Chance of seeing in the theater: 05%

Terminator: Salvation
I like Christian Bale, but am not the world's biggest Terminator fan. And nothing in the marketing so far has grabbed me much.
Excited Score: 5
Chance of seeing in the theater: 03%

A Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
Haven't seen the first, but could see taking the kids in a pinch. Maybe. TV spots actually look fun, though.
Excited Score: 3
Chance of seeing in the theater: 10%

Up
Pixar has not failed me yet, and this looks to be one I could actually take my five-year old twin girls to.
Excited Score: 10
Chance of seeing in the theater: 70%

Land of the Lost
Something about Will Ferrell in a big SFX movie amuses me. And the girl from Pushing Daisies is hella cute.
Excited Score: 6
Chance of seeing in the theater: 05%

Year One
Harodl Ramis is due, isn't he? And Michael Cera and Jack Black sounds like an inspired combo.
Excited Score: 7
Chance of seeing in the theater: 15%

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The first movie did nothing at all for me.
Excited Score: 3
Chance of seeing in the theater: 01%

Public Enemies
I'm not a huge historical crime guy. Nothing about this intrigues me.
Excited Score: 2
Chance of seeing in the theater: 01%

Bruno
I still haven's sen Borat.
Excited Score: 4
Chance of seeing in the theater: 04%

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
These films have gelled into a very satisfying whole, and I can't wait to see the next installment.
Excited Score: 9
Chance of seeing in the theater: 50%

Funny People
Given the way Apatow has built his little empire, it's easy to forget that he's only written and directed two movies. But when those two movies are The Forty-Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, I'll follow him anywhere.
Excited Score: 9
Chance of seeing in the theater: 50%

G.I. Joe
Really?
Excited Score: 1
Chance of seeing in the theater: 01%

Inglorious Basterds
Quentin Tarantino has yet to make a boring movie.
Excited Score: 7
Chance of seeing in the theater: 10%

Until Whenever

No comments: