Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

We are only a few months away from the big Summer movie season, and yet films will continue to be released between now and then. The question, then, is - is Tosy and Cosh interested in seeing any of them? Let's take a look (list cribbed from Samurai Frog, as is the whole notion of this post, really).

10,000 B.C. - Looks very silly, and like a wasted opportunity. WHY DO THEY HAVE BRITISH ACCENTS??

Horton Hears a Who - They got the look of the Seuss universe right, I'll give them that. And if the kids get into the book, maybe I can get them to see it. Will have to look up how long it is. Maybe I'll show them the trailer.

Drillbit Taylor - There's the Apatow connection, but nothing is grabbing me there. Will skip.

Stop-Loss - My interest in Iraq movies is pretty close to nil (although affection for Crash and Million Dollar Baby does have me looking to rent In the Valley of Elah.

21 - I've read the book, and it was great, and yet it looks like the movie is needlessly going to amp up and overdamatize what was a very compelling, dramatic story on its own. Jerks.

Leatherheads - I might actually try and see this in the theater. Looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Clooney does retro well.

The Ruins - I'm not too into horror films, but this does remind me that I liked A Simple Plan a lot (novels by the same guy), and so should really read The Ruins.

Smart People - This looks like a sweet little comedy/drama, and I like Ellen Page, Dennis Quaid, and Sarah Jessica Parker, so this goes on the list. In the end, likely a rental though.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Kristen Bell AND "guy from Freaks and Geeks and How I Met Your Mother whose name i am too lazy to Google (but not too lazy top type all this)"? I'm in.

Baby Mama - Tina Fey has earned a lot of goodwill thanks to the genius of 30 Rock, so I'm there. The wife likes her too, so this might even be a theater one!

Until Whenever

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

T&C- It's Seuss, not Suess. (BTW, I tried to e-mail you with this info and got a delivery status delayed message).

Tosy And Cosh said...

Doh! Not as if I have dozens of his books lying around the house to check! Will check on e-mail.