Monday, July 10, 2006

Commence with the Traditional Quiz-Answering, Post Haste!

As is our wont, upon return from an extended hiatus, Mssrs. Tosy and Cosh like to stretch the blogging muscles by indulging in a quiz-meme, should one be available. Courtesy of the fine, long-haired hippie overt at Byzantium's Shores, one is:

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
No. Traffic tickets comprise the extent of my brushes with the law. (Correction: In high school a local cop shooed a group of friends and I out of the library parking lot. We were sitting in a friend's car, drinking blue juice drinks we had bought at the grocery store.)

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
I don't go on roller coasters, but if I found myself accidentally riding one, I would most likely close my eyes, real tight.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Many years ago, but as an adult, still. The daughters will be nearly three this coming winter, and should be ripe for some sledding.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Alone in most cases - although I much prefer sleeping with the wife than alone.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
No.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
I do. I even (on rare occasion) get to flex those muscles on the job some times.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
I do.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Aniston. That whole "vial of blood on a necklace" thing is a major turn-off.

9. Do you stay friends with your exes?
I only had one long-term girlfriend, in high school. After we broke up, we kinds remained friends. Then, four years later, we started dating again. Now we're married.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Only the most basic five-card draw variety, and not well.

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
No. 24+, but not anywhere near 48.

12. What's your favorite commercial?
Currently, Jon Lovitz hamming it up gorgeously as a Subway spokesman. Anything Lovitz does I find funny.

13. What are you allergic to?
Nothing I'm aware of (cue furious knocking of wood).

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
Never. Not sure why.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Sure. Nothing earth-shattering, though.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
These days, the Red Sox. I was a big Yankee fan up until about five years ago. But when Steinbrenner, after several years of huge successes, suddenly decided that he know better than the men who had been responsible for said success, I could no longer root for them. Maybe when Steinbrenner dies, I can be a fan again.

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes, a few times as a young 'un. I sucked.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Very rarely.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Ah, Lovitz. Recent Tonight Show appearance. He says to Jay, "People think I'm a Jew, Jay. I'm not. (beat). I'm Jew-ish."

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Who can't? I'm far too lazy to type them, though.

21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
When I get to leave the office.

22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?
No.

23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
To my discredit, no, on short trips I often don't, out of horrid laziness.

24. What cell service do you use?
T-Mobile. Meh.

25. Do you like Sushi?
Not particularly.

26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
Yes. A friend and I were traveling down the Interstate to South Carolina and a big 'ol rainstorm hit us. Sheets of rain, barely-there visibility, and (being stupid teenagers) we barely slow down. Out of nowhere comes a row of old toll plazas - no longer in use, but the concrete barriers between booths were still present. We had to be going 65-70, easy. In a panic, he swerves (he was driving) and we slid laterally one way then another, and manage to shoot in between two of the concrete barriers.

27. What do you wear to bed?
Boxers. Pants make me feel confined when I twist and turn in bed (which I do a lot).

28. Been caught stealing?
No. Or stole, for that matter.

29. What shoe size do you have?
10

30. Do you truly hate anyone?
Sure. Ann Coulter? But even people I know in "real life" I've hated. Some people suck.

31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Rock.

32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
One? Hm. Put a gun to my head and I'd have to give Salma Hayek the nod.

33. Favorite Song?
"Song" as opposed to "performance" means I go with Stephen Sondheim's "No More."

34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?
Sure. And on stage, and into a microphone, and in church . . .

35. What food do you find disgusting?
Raw tomatoes.

36. Do you sing in the shower?
Not as much as I used to, but yes.

37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours?"
No, alas.

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Of course. And to their faces. My best friend wrote a play in college that was one big festival of him making fun of himself, me, and two other friends. And I played me.

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Sadly, I don't think I have.

40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Yes. And received a hairline fracture to the nose. Ah, eighth grade.

Until Whenever

No comments: