Wednesday, May 25, 2005

That's a Lot of Questions

Cribbed from Quirky Chick:

1. My uncle once: was wounded in Vietnam.

2. Never in my life: have I been drunk. (Recycling is fun!)

3. When I was five: I dressed as a member of KISS for Halloween, disturbing my father somewhat.

4. High School was: neither the best time of my life nor the intolerably hellish experience it's often made out to be.

5. I will never forget: what it felt like when the ultrasound tech told us we would be having twins.

6. I once met: Tommy Lasorda, although at the time (I was maybe nine) I had no idea who he was.

7. There's this girl I know: who defends tobacco companies.

8. Once, at a bar: ,when I was just a kid, I saw my father (the bar owner) throw out a belligerent drunk. It was scary.

9. By noon I'm usually: thinking about lunch.

10. Last night: I watched the penultimate Lost.

11. If I only had: financial freedom, I'd try and write full-time.

12. Next time I go to church: I will most likely have to retreat to the "back room," squirmy toddler in hand.

13. Terry Schiavo: probably wishes she had made her wishes clearer.

14. What worries me most: is that something bad will happen to my kids.

15. When I turn my head left, I see: a photo of my wife and I from our honeymoon in Disney. She has her lucky hat on.

16. When I turn my head right, I see: many baby photos of the twins.

17. You know I'm lying when: I sound overly confident.

18. What I miss most about the eighties: Saturday-morning cartoons.

19. If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: either Rosencrantz or Guidenstern--not the main character.

20. By this time next year: my kids will be two. Yikes.

21. A better name for me would be: I like my name just fine, thank you.

22. I have a hard time understanding: the mind-set of the ultra-right. I find the ultra-left just as ridiculous, but have a better handle on where their madness comes from.

23. If I ever go back to school I'll: take classes just for kicks. I've got the Masters and can't see ever going for a doctorate.

24. You know I like you if: I talk to you. I'm quite shy, generally speaking.

25. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my wife. If for nothing else than to avoid an ass-kicking.

26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: are all people?

27. Take my advice: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on waffles (instead of bread) is divine.

28. My ideal breakfast is: soft-boiled eggs with English muffins and copious bacon.

29. A song I love, but do not have is: "Born to Run."

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: getting a sandwich from La Strada. They have great bread.

31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: whosaidthewhatnow?

32. Why won't people: focus less on what others are doing and more on what they're doing.

33. If you spend the night at my house: you will be woken up early by a babbling toddler.

34. I'd stop my wedding for: fire. But I'd start it up again right away.

35. The world could do without: extremists, of all bents.

36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat a raw tomato. The latter would gross me out more.

37. My favorite blonde is: Charlize Theron. Sigh.

38. Paper clips are: fun to magnetize.

39. If I do anything well, it's: write. (gulp).

40. And by the way: why haven't you called?

Until Whenever

No comments: