Monday, May 09, 2011

Song of the Week - "Criminal" - Fiona Apple

Fiona Apple is one of those artists who I knew of long before I actually heard any of her music. I pretty much stopped listening to the radio with the advent of mp3 players, and so, even though I knew the name and that she was supposed to be famous, I knew nothing of the actual songs.

Oddly enough, I can't even remember what compelled me to finally give her stuff a try. I do know that it wasn't the first album but the third (and still most recent, the 2005 (!) release Extraordinary Machine, which I pretty much instantly loved.

I'm pretty sure that I actually had the song "Criminal" from a CD exchange before I got the actual album, but as is so often the case I hadn't really listened to it more than the once. When I got the album proper I finally got what the hype was about - it really is a great song.



Until Whenever

No comments: