Friday, April 29, 2011

Song of the Week - #1

Yes, I am shamelessly stealing this idea from the Samurai Frog; what are 'ya gonna do. My sense is that he just posts about a song he likes, which if of course a fine methodology, but my idea will be to interject a little more chance into the mix. The idea is simple. I will use the shuffle feature to randomly select a 5-Star song (as per my own individual, byzantine rating system) and will post it.

Got it? Good.

Here goes.

"Tokyo Storm Warning" - Elvis Costello
This is one of my favorite Elvis Costello songs. I think what I like most about it is, in addition to the very Dylan-esque stream-of-consciousness lyrics, is the steady pulse of the arrangement. That Sesame Street-with-attitude riff just grinds away. It's one of those devices that shouldn't work, but does. Oh, and I can't forget the drums. Absolutely love that opening attack.



Until Whenever

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great song :)