Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sustenance

Stealing from Jaq, yet again:

1. How do you like your eggs?
Soft-boiled, lightly mixed and broken up with a fork and some salt and pepper added and then spooned onto a hot, freshly toasted English muffin.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
With milk. Used to be a milk and sugar guy, but forced myself to forgo the sugar a few years back as a calorie-cutting measure. Still can't do black.

3. Favorite breakfast food?
Good pancakes. Bad, or just average pancakes, or nothing special, but really good pancakes are awesome.

4. Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy?
Smooth. 'Cuz that's what Mom bought.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
I'm partial to Ken's Northeast Lite Italian and Lite Caesar dressings. If I'm throwing reason to the wind, I'll go the blue cheese route.

6. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet Pepsi if there's a choice, but I really don't care that much. Although Coke Zero is pretty much awesome.

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make?
Throw some ground beef, eggs, and cheese into a skillet and top with ketchup.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Everything. I like lots of different foods mixed together. When I was a kid, and we went to my grandmother's for dinner at Thanksgiving, I'd mush the mashed potatoes, corn, turkey, green beans, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce together into one thick paste and eat that.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Meatballs and sauce. My only real go-to.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
Grape leaves remind me of falling in love with my wife, since they are a staple of big family dinners on her side, and since it took me a long time to get to like them (the grape leaves - not her family).

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Beef Stroganoff. A staple of my mother's cooking when we were kids, and not a favorite.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
Can't say that they do.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Raw tomatoes. Yech.

14. What was your favorite food as a child?
Mom's potato leek soup. Seriously; it was basically lightly flavored butter and cream.

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
Zucchini. Green peppers.

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
No; I've added to the repertoire, not subtracted.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Pineapple and eggplant.

18. Favorite junk food
Ice cream. (Does ice cream qualify as "junk food?")

19. Favorite between meal snack
Microwave popcorn.

20. Do you have any weird food habits?
I have a habit of gnawing at chicken bones to the point of being pretty disgusting. I just hate letting good meat (or gristle, really) go to waste.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
I actually AM on a diet, but haven't found anything I can fill up on. Baby carrots, but that gets old VERY quickly.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like?
Warm chocolate chip cookies.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
Spicy. I like the dishes labeled "spicy" on the menu, at least.

24. Can I get you a drink?
Yes; cherry limeaid. Or a Boylan's Creamy Birch Beer.

25. Red wine or white?
Neither; I am a teetotaler.

26. Favorite dessert?
Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream, all by its lonesome.

27. The perfect nightcap?
Lipton's blackberry tea.

Until Whenever

No comments: