Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Star Wars Geekiness

Might as well admit it early on - I am a Star Wars geek. Yes, I liked The Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones and saw each in the theater more than once. On the other hand, I've never dressed as a character, waited in line to see a SW movie, and only sporadically check out SW websites - so it could be much worse.

That disclaimer out of the way, I post the following query. At the end of Episodes I and II a scene is struck that matches closely the ending image from each film's original trilogy counterpart. The ceremony at the end of Episode I strongly mirrors the ceremony at the end of Star Wars. And the image of Anakin and Amidala with the droids by their side gazing out of a large window mirrors a very similar final image from The Empire Strikes Back. So - how will the final image of Episode III, which we know will end in a bit of darkness, mirror the image of Luke and Lea fondly gazing at the ghosts of the departed Jedi in Return of the Jedi?

Any theories?

Star Wars geek-out over.

Until whenever.

No comments: